4. The price is $200 less than the first one, but you're not taking into consideration the additional $240 you will be paying for the contract over the 2 years.
3. No keyboard. The iPhone's software keyboard has documented issues.
2. Lack of upgrades. There is still no stereo Bluetooth, no MMS, no video recording, no character counter in the SMS app, no IM capability, no cut-and-paste, etc.
1. The 3g Radio. Yes, I am going to complain about the 3G radio. Apple stuck a UMTS/HSDPA 3G radio in the iPhone. But why not use AT&T's HSPA network, which means faster uploads for pictures and e-mails? This offers about 3.36Mbps, where other phones in the market support 7.2Mbps.
Zeman, E. (2008) Five Reasons Not To Buy The 3-G Iphone. Informationweek.com
Saturday, August 2, 2008
5. The Camera. There is no improvement from the first Iphone, not even for the software. It is still 2 megapixel, and has no flash or vanity mirror.