Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Giordano Rips Off TWLOHA

I'm so freaking pissed off this morning when I saw a billboard of Giordano's new line of graphic tees. The new t-shirt designs is a rip-off of the TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms) shirts! For those who aren't familiar with the punk/emo scene, TWLOHA is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for those struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

Here is the original TWLOHA shirt:


This is the latest giordano advertisement:


I haven't found a larger image yet but you can still see how "similarly exact" the designs of the two shirts. Where's the originality Giordano? You're a big brand and you're ripping non-profit charitable group's ideas! Grrr....

Share Share

4 comments:

Admin said...

haven't seen new tees from giordano for quite sometime ^__^ throw out some neons :)

Yael Hero said...

I definitely agree with you on this. Do you mind if I post a link of your blog in my Twitter?

Brix said...

sure Yael... thanks. :)

Kat said...

aww. this is a shame. i am a huuuge fan of Giordano. I still am. But you're right. They should have made some variations.

Or is it possible they thought of this first? I'm not sure.