Sunday, December 7, 2008

In Mono

They say black and white film is great for portraits and for portraits only. This might be true in a way because when you look at a B&W image, you tend to focus more on composition and detail instead of being overwhelmed by colors. For the same reason, I find it easier to shoot using black and white films. I don't need to have a subject that's full of color, all I worry about is framing my shot in the view finder once I see something that is worth shooting. Black and white is also a scapegoat and last option for me when I have colored pictures that are too under/over exposed and cannot be repaired using Adobe Lightroom, I just convert it to black and white and the problem is solved.

16 comments:

Kat said...

i like your first photo up there, in black and white. :)

i do like black and white photography. maybe i'll share them in my blog, too.

Brix said...

thanks kat for the nice comment :)

stevevhan said...

your images are nice, i like it, thanks for sroppin by in my oage, by the way, let's exchange links!:)

Anonymous said...

hello! i like black and white photos, too. more dramatic.

Anonymous said...

i used to take photography in college. loved the effect of sepia and black and white.

Anonymous said...

Good Post, Good Picture, Interesting Blog !.
I like your black and white photo.

Admin said...

lomo is a must have, tlaga. :D

Anonymous said...

I should agree with you,we don't need to worry about the color of the object. just the composition. nice photos you had here.

AnimegamecomicAW
http://animegamecomicaw.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

now i understand

Brix said...

thanks guys for taking time to view my photos :)

Faye said...

very nice Photos! love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, although that's a black and white photo :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo, hope you will take a photo of me.. :D

Anonymous said...

great photos! i specially like the one with swing :)

Vhotzz said...

really nice dude!!! vr nice angle

Anonymous said...

Damn Gud! em not really get photography, but its nice angle... nice themes!! keep it up!!!